And Q4 begins. 2015 has been an interesting year for the stock market. Most of us were begging for a correction, but now that a correction is upon us it’s tough to swallow. I love that there are deals to be had, however, when I see my portfolio value dip I still get nervous. On the flip side my dividends are continuing to increase. At times like these I lean on my dividends to reassure me that I am on the wrong path. This past month was a record month for me by way of dividends collected. For the rest of 2015, my plan is to reduce my buys, but target specific deals in sectors where I don’t have much coverage. I did not post an August update, so this post covers the past 60 days. This month, I purchased $16,687 in shares of 9 companies. I also sold $25,823 in shares of 10 companies.
Investment Hunting Net Worth Update
In the month of September, I made the following Investment Hunting portfolio updates:
- Emerson Electronics – 25 shares, totaling $1,108.20
- Gilead Science – 20 shares, totaling $2,076.95
- Amgen – 20 shares, totaling $2,648.95
- BP – 75 shares, totaling $2,291.69
- United Technologies – 12 shares, totaling $1,107.91
- Wal-Mart – 30 shares, totaling $1,906.85
- General Electric – 49 shares, totaling $1,230.97
- Union Pacific Railroad – 15 shares, totaling $1,337.45
- Realty Income Corp – 67 shares, totaling $2,977.72
I sold shares in 10 companies in August and September totaling $25,823.48. I took advantage of a temporary upside in the market to lock in gains on these stocks. There are a lot of deals now and I needed cash to execute my new buys. I like all the stocks I sold and will likely add them back as time and the market permits.
- McDonalds – 12 shares, totaling $1,144.77
- Walmart – 36 shares, totaling $2,369.71
- Coca-Cola – 36 shares, totaling $1,431.13
- Travelers – 30 shares, totaling $2,976.60
- Valero – 40 shares, totaling $2,331.99
- Harley Davidson – 75 shares, totaling $4,103.97
- Reliance Steel – 20 shares, totaling $1,146.39
- Aflac – 50 shares, totaling $2,910.17
- ONEOK – 80 shares, totaling $2,824.76
- Bank of Nova Scotia – 100 shares, totaling $4,583.99
Net Worth Update – September 2015
Month over month, my portfolio, 401k and Roth 401k are as follows:
Net Worth Portfolio Update
The total value of my investment accounts at the end of September 2015 totaled $149,912. This is down $12,814 over the past 60-days from a total of $162,726.09 on July 31st. This number represents the chart below which has, $21,000 in cash plus $128,912 in stocks.
Net Worth 401k and Roth 401k Update
My 401k fund update as of July 31st, 2015 was $12,870.14.
Net Worth Month Over Month Update
When everything is added up, my month over month net worth went up from $171,800 down to $162,782. This is a $9,018 decrease from July to September. It’s sad to see my portfolio value drop, but I know in the long run I am on the right path. I’m looking forward to a successful Q4.
Full Disclosure: Long MO, KMI, O, WMT, NOV, COP, CVX, KO, WFC, DLR, DPS, GE, JNJ, OHI, T, F, COST, PM, MET, GILD, STWD, LL, TROW, HOG, CNI, TIS, CSCO, CPA, ROYT, OKE, CMI, BP, EMR, UNP, UTX
How did your portfolio perform in September? Are you buying stocks now or waiting or an interest rate increase? If you’re buying stocks, what are you buying?