May was another good month for my portfolio. I still believe the market will correct at some point in the near future. Because of this I have kept a portion of my rollover account in cash. I am waiting for the next correction to make my entry and hopefully scoop up great stocks at fantastic prices. I don’t want my money to just sit in my brokerage account, so I have been learning and experimenting with trading options. Portfolio updates – This month I made 15 options trades which added $1,348.50 to my brokerage cash account. For the month of May 2015 I sold $12,248.66 in shares, and I reinvested or invested fresh capital totaling $43,942.66 in shares.
Investment Hunting Portfolio Update
In the month of May I made the following Investment Hunting portfolio updates:
- Amgen Incorporated, AMGN – 100 shares, totaling $16,250
- Canadian National Railway Company, CNI – 100 shares, totaling $6,500
- Omega Health Investors, OHI – 100 shares, totaling $3,621.90
- Realty Income Corporation, O – 120 shares, totaling $5,711.99
- Starwood Property Trust, STWD – 100 shares, totaling $2,413.97
- Orchids Paper Products, TIS – 100 shares, totaling $2,372.95
- Chevron Corp, CVX – 25 shares, totaling $2,592.24
- Digital Realty Trust, DLR – 26 shares, totaling $1,729.63
- McDonald’s Corporation, MCD – 2.56 shares, totaling $250
- Wal-Mart Stores Inc., WMT – 14.58 shares, totaling $1,100
- Coca-Cola, KO – 36.44 shares, totaling $1,500
McDonald’s, Coca-Cola and Wal-Mart purchases are part of my monthly LOYAL3 purchases.
I sold 700 shares of my Petrobras stock for a profit of $1,264.89. I also performed some stock consolidation. By this I mean I sold some stocks and repurchased them in a different brokerage account. I did this to hold all shares in one account or to get 100 or more shares to the same account for options trading purposes.
- Coca-Cola, KO – 39 shares, totaling $1,595.25
- AT&T, T – 53 shares, totaling $1,765.52
- Omega Health Investors, OHI – 27 shares, totaling $966.97
- Johnson And Johnson, JNJ – 5 shares, totaling $495.86
- Petrobras, PBR – 700 shares, totaling $5,590.95
- General Electric, GE – 33 shares, totaling $883.98
- Proctor And Gamble, PG – 12 shares, totaling $950.13
Investment Hunting Portfolio Update – May 2015
Month over month, my portfolio, 401k and Roth 401k are as follows:
As of April 30th, 2015, my portfolio was $98,070.28. I also had an additional $60,877.34 in cash. The total value of my investment accounts in April totaled $156,922.72. As of May 31st, 2015, my fund total was $129,407.52 invested and $33,676.89 in cash. The total value of my portfolio is $163,084.41. This represents a 3.9% increase month over month.
401k and Roth 401k Portfolio Update
May marks the second month of my new 401k and Roth 401k with my new employer. My 401k fund update as of May 31st, 2015 was $4,203.16.
Month Over Month Portfolio Update
When everything is added up, my month over month fund update over the same time period went up from $158,947.62 to $163,084.41. This increase adds $4,136.79 to my net worth.
Full Disclosure: Long MCD, WMT, CVX, STWD, O, DLR, OHI, TIS, CNI, AMGN, KO
How did your portfolio perform in May? Are you buying stocks now or waiting or an adjustment of interest rate increases?
Latest posts by Investment Hunting (see all)
- Stock Buy – 100 More Shares of VFC Corp - January 22, 2017
- Building A Diversified Investment Portfolio With Lending Club - January 19, 2017
- Why You Need to be Playing Financial Offense This Year - January 16, 2017